Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got R Reg 406 estate which I've had for abouttwo years now and am very happy with it. When I bought it one of the remote locking keys didn't work but I didn't bother as I had a key which did. Now this has ceased to work although when I press the buttons the red lights on the fob come on. The batteries in this fob are Ok I think having been replaced about 6 months ago. What could be wrong?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Dr Pete said:
I've got R Reg 406 estate which I've had for abouttwo years now and am very happy with it. When I bought it one of the remote locking keys didn't work but I didn't bother as I had a key which did. Now this has ceased to work although when I press the buttons the red lights on the fob come on. The batteries in this fob are Ok I think having been replaced about 6 months ago. What could be wrong?
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Do you mean that the actual key doesnt work?

If its the infra red c/l then -
The solenoid for the central locking may be broken or possibly a break in the wiring. Where the door hinges look in the plastic trunking and look for any evidence of broken wires. Other possibilitys are faulty switch or a bad earth or the infra red reciever could be broken.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts