Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my 406 .... i changed the battery (the old one was fine. Girlfriend was selling her 206 i had just put a new bosch battery on it so i thought i would have that one.
since then the central locking does not work, i have tried what it says in owners manual- just press button once within 10 secs. I have done the window down side lights on press for 10 secs and press it for 10 secs without doing side lights. I wish i never changed battery now. Everything else works fine apart from locking.
is there anyone one with planet near hyde in manchester ?
Thank you in advance for any info.
mark

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hello my 406 .... i changed the battery (the old one was fine. Girlfriend was selling her 206 i had just put a new bosch battery on it so i thought i would have that one.
since then the central locking does not work, i have tried what it says in owners manual- just press button once within 10 secs. I have done the window down side lights on press for 10 secs and press it for 10 secs without doing side lights. I wish i never changed battery now. Everything else works fine apart from locking.
is there anyone one with planet near hyde in manchester ?
Thank you in advance for any info.
mark
as daft as this sounds try unplug grey wire from comms unit the wait a min then plug back in start car turn off and try locking

G

·
0 Posts
On a later 406 ( like most Peugeots ) the indicator and wiper stalks are no longer separate items, they have a comms unit instead which is the wipers, indicators and airbag supply all in one unit.
Like this - PEUGEOT 307 COMM 2000 DAV STEERING COLUMN SWITCHES PART # 96 439 230 XT | eBay

These can be a bit temperamental but are normally good for a few years.

To get to the back of the comms unit, simply undo 2 torx screws slightly hidden under the plastic steering shroud - there will be either 4 or 5 plugs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi!
i would like to know the exact production date before blaming com-unit ?
DAM- number or vin would help a lot
regs

G

·
0 Posts
as daft as this sounds try unplug grey wire from comms unit the wait a min then plug back in start car turn off and try locking
I just did this on my car, the whole grey connector came out and I completely buggered the 6 pins trying to put the connector back in....

Immobiliser fault, car won't start, blah blah blah....

I know what I'm doing later :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts