Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have damaged the skirt at the bottom of the bumper on my 97 406 diesel break (LHD). The damage shattered parts of the skirting and dislodged the foglamp and I can't get it back on with the bumper attached because the area where the bracket fits to the skirting is broken and weak. My plan is to take the skirting off to do a proper repair but the few instructions I have found all say I need to remove the headlights... they are the leveling kind and I really don't feel confident to remove and replace them. My question is: is it possible to remove the skirting without removing the h/lights? I watched a video and can't really see why it shouldn't be possible.
thanks in advance
steve

G

·
0 Posts
Hi mate, the self leveling should be a motor attached to the headlight, so when its removed it stays where it was ( I think )

You need to remove the headlights to get to the bayonet that attaches the bumper to the wings, after that its just torx bolts round the bottom and a couple of bolts behind the liner that go through the bumper to the pointy bit of the wing.

I have removed my front bumper many times, but mine is a later model.

The skirt on a later model just slots in, but its not a good fixing, and to access the foglight torx with the bumper on is a pain, but it can be done with some patience....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts