Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title, I have a pair of four-pots from a V6 406 which I'm led to believe fit my hubs.

Firstly, is this true? Secondly, assuming it is, can I get away with the 406 305mm Discs or am I stuck with the 206 283mm ones?

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
They fit but the discs are a problem coupe offset is wrong and they are thicker so no good there is a disc that nearly fits but its slightly smaller diameter cant remember what its from though :)

You may have wheel clearance problems too as the calipers are quite bulky.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. When you say too thick do you mean the centres or the bit where the brake pads contact?

I was assuming that the thicknesses of the latter were 28mm for 406 and 26mm for 206 but that's an interpretation of the info on servicebox as opposed to actual measurements. :nono:

I was also hoping that the 17s on the 180 would clear the calipers but, again, that's because I've seen them without knowing whether spacers were required.

Would you happen to know the offset or backspace/width of the 406 rims? I can compare that.

Many, many questions, I know. Sorry.

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
Sorry but I don't know the coupe wheels backspace but I do know some wheels have problems GTI6 for example don't fit over brembos and only 16 inch coupe wheels fit with brembos

Your 17s might be ok but even these have 2 different offsets as the ones on 307s are different to the 206 ones !

Yes the discs are too thick at 28mm this pushes the caliper away from the mounting face I think it pushes it closer to the wheel meaning the mounts don't line up for the calipers.

Sorry its a while ago I done this my son has some on his 306 I will ask him he will remember as he was looking at putting some on his 206 soon

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think the 307 ones are thinner aren't they?

I've just been round the dealers round the corner and had a look at both. The problem isn't the thickness, it's where the centre of the disc sits relative to the hub face. It was obvious as soon as they came out of the box. The 406 ones are flat and the 206 ones are a top-hat shape.

I'm told Xantia/C5 288mmx28mm are the ones to go for but if your son knows how it's done, I'd like to hear what he's got to say. :thumb:

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
241 Posts
I fitted 302mm discs and calipers from a 307 XSI, these fit straight on and fit beneath 16" alloys.

Maybe you could use this disc but the brembo calipers?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fitted 302mm discs and calipers from a 307 XSI, these fit straight on and fit beneath 16" alloys.

Maybe you could use this disc but the brembo calipers?
I'd have to check the dimensions but if I'm going round the Citroen dealer anyway, I can pop in the Pug one. Does look like the 140BHP ones use the same sized discs as a 180, though so could be a goer.

Had a quick look on MTech and they don't have them, bugger.

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any other disc suggestions?

I'll check out the XSI option next week but if there are others I'd rather do them all at once so as not to upset the chaps behind the parts counter. :thumb:

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In case anybody's following this;

I was round the dealers buying some nuts and bolts for the LCAs on the smoker so I took the opportunity to have a look at the 307 XSi (180) discs and apart from being 302mm diameter, they're exactly the same dimensions as the standard 206 180s.

I'm in the process of sand-blasting (then painting and rebuilding) the hubs I'm going to use but when I get a chance I'll try out a brembo and see if the location of the mounting lugs lets me get away with the bigger diameter. Otherwise, I guess they'll be for sale and I'll be after the respective 307 calipers.

Thanks for that HDi Tuning :thumb:
When I'm done with the front suspension and brakes on the 180, I'm going to want to talk to you about livening up the smoker. How easy it is to fit an intercooler and what I can easily mod/map it to achieve.

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try out a brembo and see if the location of the mounting lugs lets me get away with the bigger diameter. Otherwise, I guess they'll be for sale and I'll be after the respective 307 calipers.
Bugger :nono:

Doesn't look like it. A rudimentary offering-up looks like the biggest I can get away with, with the Brembos, is about 290mm so the Xantia (288mm) is probably the best I can go for.

Are the 307 Calipers 4-pot? They look like it on Service Box but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Cheers, Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts