Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
ive developed a problem with the brakes on my 406 hdi. when the brakes are applied, im getting a bad bounce on the pedal and poor braking. having had the car in for a diagnostics check, no faults were found (no braking fault !)
i have been under the car and found one of the rings that measure the rotation speed of the wheel is cracked. i think this item is called a "DISRUPTOR RING".
what i need to know is this. could this fault cause my car to have the problem i have described ??
if it is the disruptor ring that is at fault, can it be replaced ?
a local garage has told me they can be changed. they told me they are interferance fit and would tap off and on !!!
ive had a quote from a local Peugeot dealer and have been quoted £183 for an exchange drive shaft. (complete)
in advance id like to thank everyone for taking the time to reply. :thumb:

·
Registered
862 Posts
CROCK said:
Hi folks.
ive developed a problem with the brakes on my 406 hdi. when the brakes are applied, im getting a bad bounce on the pedal and poor braking. having had the car in for a diagnostics check, no faults were found (no braking fault !)
i have been under the car and found one of the rings that measure the rotation speed of the wheel is cracked. i think this item is called a "DISRUPTOR RING".
what i need to know is this. could this fault cause my car to have the problem i have described ??
if it is the disruptor ring that is at fault, can it be replaced ?
a local garage has told me they can be changed. they told me they are interferance fit and would tap off and on !!!
ive had a quote from a local Peugeot dealer and have been quoted £183 for an exchange drive shaft. (complete)
in advance id like to thank everyone for taking the time to reply. :thumb:

I am assuming you are talking about the abs rotor rings? If so then yes these will affect your braking.These do crack through time sometimes damaging the sensor cable as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI MOOSE !
the part i was talking about is the A.B.S. rotor ring...
many thanks to you. knowing it is a fault that can cause the problems i have, is a big help !! should save me a couple of ££££££ too.
"cheers mate !" :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts