Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '02 406 2.0l HDi estate the brake warning light on the dashboard display is constantly lit and occasionally makes a pinging sound. According to the hand book this warning light warns of low fluid level and the handbrake being on. The fluid level is fine and the handbrake is not on so why would the light come on.
Also when applying the footbrake when driving with the radio on results in a loud interference on the radio. I presume this is the brake wear sensors built in to the disc pads telling me the pads are worn but would this be connected to the warning light?

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
On my '02 406 2.0l HDi estate the brake warning light on the dashboard display is constantly lit and occasionally makes a pinging sound. According to the hand book this warning light warns of low fluid level and the handbrake being on. The fluid level is fine and the handbrake is not on so why would the light come on.
Also when applying the footbrake when driving with the radio on results in a loud interference on the radio. I presume this is the brake wear sensors built in to the disc pads telling me the pads are worn but would this be connected to the warning light?
i would think so yes if you check your pads and if they need doing get them done as brakes are no to be left

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the front brakes today and the discs were worn more than recommended amount so replaced discs and pads although pads were not worn out they were damaged by the outer edge of the worn discs. Problem with light and radio noise now resolved. thanks to all who replied, much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts