Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok people yes i am new,yes i do need assistance,my fan on the engine keeps kicking in at about 80 degrees,then on and off,ive been told there is a black box with 3 servos in it behind the grill and that they are the problem,corroded connectors or something,can someone confirm to me that this is the problem and anyone know the part number and name for me please.
every assistance would be greatly appreciated.thanks pete :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi,
Just had a look at a parts drawing, and it seems like the relays are accessed from the front. If you have twin fans, they are behind a plastic cover right at the top middle of the fans.

If you have AC it may be different, but to find them - follow the wires from the fan switch which is mounted on the engine bay side of the radiator at the top right. They should be where the looms from the fan motor and radiator switch meet.

I would expect there to usually be 2 speeds - one controlled by the coolant sensor (in engine) the other from the radiator switch.

If the engine sensor is faulty, it may force the fan on early. A stuck thermostat will also cause this problem - but will have an abnormally cold radiator when running.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
pedro said:
ok people yes i am new,yes i do need assistance,my fan on the engine keeps kicking in at about 80 degrees,then on and off,ive been told there is a black box with 3 servos in it behind the grill and that they are the problem,corroded connectors or something,can someone confirm to me that this is the problem and anyone know the part number and name for me please.
every assistance would be greatly appreciated.thanks pete :thumb: :thumb:
Pedro, Richie is right..

However, In my experience, there are three relays.. one for high speed fan and one for low speed and one takes care of both.. (which is blue in color)

now, the way the relay's are made, they are easily corroded over time, its like a copper coil which is open, gets warm and then the fan kicks in.

you need to take the grill off and you can then see the relay's screwed in with two philips screws.. unscrew it, unplug it and there you go..

only time it takes is to take the grill off.. thats it..

if you PM me ur chasis number I can give you the part number required.. they a roughly about £7 + VAT but can guarantee as there are 7 types listed for several engine codes..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok lads superb thanks a million,and scotcruz ill get that chassis number for you as soon as possible mate,top drawer thanks lads :thumb: :thumb: :clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts