Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with this really annoying problem, the 5amp fuse under the bonnet for the rear suspension hydraulic pump keeps blowing. I've already checked a bit of the wiring at the back for a loose wire or a short but can't find anything so far. Because the pump isn't working the suspension is now very close to the road and obviously won come back up until the pump is working.

Has anyone else came across this problem before and knows how to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Regards
J

G

·
Hi

When you say keeps blowing, do you mean it blows immediately when you replace the fuse?

I think I would be tempted to use a meter and measure how much current the pump is using. If the "normal" draw is almost at the fuse ratining, then the pump is probably dodgey. If it is considerably less than the fuse rating when running, then a short may well be the issue.

If you disconnect the wiring AT the pump, run with that if you can, as if you have a wiring short, it will still blow... proving its a wiring problem, and not the pump.

Hope that helps.

David

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for the reply, yes it does blow instantly. I will test with a meter today, hopefully it will be the pump that's faulty because I think trying to trace a pump nowadays will be easier than tracing a short, the loom is quite large!

Thanks again
J

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

After putting a meter across the fuse terminals and getting a reading of 0.36amps, I put a new fuse in and the system started working, so not sure what was causing the problem in the first place but fingers crossed it won't happen again! :)

Thanks again
J

G

·
Hi J

Sounds like the pump may have been sticking... and when you swapped the fuse it started truning.

If it goes again, disconnect the pump, swap the fuse and see if it blows...if it does, its wiring, if not, then its the pump...

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts