Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First i would like to say hi to everyone, i have just bought this motor so thought i would find the best looking forums and become a member :)

I was wondering if anybody knew the programming function (certain key turns or something) to program the RC central locking keys for this motor. The LEDs light fine on both keys so batteries are not an issue, i think possibly the previous owner changed the batteries recently and didnt reprogram the keys? the drivers manual from peugeot included is next to useless lol and my hayne manual off some guy on ebay isnt here yet so thought i would ask about on here :)

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Cheers

Baz :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi there,

i also have the same problem here the RC was working for a few months, i changed the batteries in the RC, the LED in the rc is still working but the centralocking does not work, so i took the negative connector of the battery out, then i pushed it back in to restart the electrical system, but still until today i am opening the car manually with the keys.

i need help as well

thanks,

ahmed

·
Registered
862 Posts
baz.g said:
First i would like to say hi to everyone, i have just bought this motor so thought i would find the best looking forums and become a member :)

I was wondering if anybody knew the programming function (certain key turns or something) to program the RC central locking keys for this motor. The LEDs light fine on both keys so batteries are not an issue, i think possibly the previous owner changed the batteries recently and didnt reprogram the keys? the drivers manual from peugeot included is next to useless lol and my hayne manual off some guy on ebay isnt here yet so thought i would ask about on here :)

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Cheers

Baz :thumb:

I think you'll find that you can NOT programme 405 plips. You have to
> buy a key from a dealer and provide the dealer with the number that is
> printed on a small piece of paper in the original key or in the
> receiver unit in the roof console. 306 and 106 keys work on a
> different system.:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they seem like the original keys but it is possible that a previous owner had the batteries in them changed, this is the only solution i can come up with as neither key works for remote c/l.

So, are you saying that whenever a battery is changed in a key i need to then take that key to a peugeot garage and get them to program it?

·
Registered
862 Posts
baz.g said:
they seem like the original keys but it is possible that a previous owner had the batteries in them changed, this is the only solution i can come up with as neither key works for remote c/l.

So, are you saying that whenever a battery is changed in a key i need to then take that key to a peugeot garage and get them to program it?
This sometimes works,
Have you tried reprogramming the key? It might do the trick. The usual method is : 1. Ignition off. 2. Ignition on. 3. Press lock button on the key. 4. Ignition off and remove key.
Good luck,

The key needs to be programmed to work with the central locking AND the immobiliser,peugeot generally need to do this for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts