Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All new to the forum so please excuse me if this is in the wrong place. I have a peugeot 4007 2009 plate, the other day it blew the head gasket :mad:, well thats what im led to believe as the water expansion bottle has neat oil in it we found out because the oil has been dripping out of the expansion pipe, My question is if i strip down the engine and have the head skimmed would i have to replace pipes and radiator etc which has been contaminated with oil or how would i flush all the oil out to get it clean. :confused::confused:

·
6,081 Posts
If its a HDI and other than the oil in water it has no issues check the oil cooler first.

Whatever the outcome a good flush with a hose then clean fill with some soap powder run for 1/2 hr drain and repeat a couple of times

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the sport xs hdi version. So if its the oil cooler at the front im assuming i would just have to replace that ?

·
6,081 Posts
disconnect the coolant pipes to the cooler and connect together. Start car and if you get oil coming out of the cooler coolant pipe connectors its blown (Quite a common fault)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive taken the front bumper off the car to see what im doing, i can see the oil cooler with 2x 3" pipes either side but i cant see any water pipes am i looking in the wrong place. Also the water bottle has about 4" of oil in it as i dipped it with a screwdriver. should i remove the bottom rad hose and flush out with a hose.

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
There are a few variants of coolers they are bolted to the oil filter area you might be looking at the EGR cooler that some engines also have.

Cooler is alloy and rectangular on your engine if its the engine i think it is.

you can drain down the coolant but it wont get all the oil out i use some soap powder in the expansion tank then run it for a while this will suspend the oil in the coolant better to drain off you may need to do it a couple of times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
found and done the check engine ran ok and oil came out of the front pipe on the cooler nothing came out of the back one even tho both pipes were open.
I used a piece of strengthened garden hose to make the loop between both cooler pipes and jubilee clips. I added some liquid grease remover into the water bottle and ran for a few mins but with oil still coming out i couldnt run for long. So i think the cooler is my problem have 3 hex bolts removed and 3 that wont budge
have pics but not sure how i can upload here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts