Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

We have done roughly 1200 miles since purchase our 08 4007. My OH used it for work and came home reporting a strange noise from the engine, with possible limp mode. The engine warning light (emissions) was on, so I used my code reader to find an "Overboost fault" and also a "Throttle Position Sensor Low A" fault. I cleared the codes, in case it was a one off and it was ok whilst I did a 20 mile test drive. On returning to the car the light was back on, so I read the codes again - this time just the "Throttle Position Sensor Low A" was on there. The cars fuel consumption had also increased post fault, with @25mpg for steady/slow motorway driving!!

I didn't have any more time to do any further fault finding, so I got the OH to take the car to our local garage. They had it for a day and said the car was running hot and they diagnosed the MAF as faulty, replaced it and she got it back at end of day on Friday - after 5 miles town driving the light was back and the garage was closed until Monday. I checked the battery, which I charged for a few hours as it was a little low and I also removed the throttle body and gave it a good clean out.

Hey presto, after resetting the fault codes our light was off and it's stayed off since Sunday - we've now done over 100 trouble free miles, however the fuel consumption is still pitiful.

Anyone got any suggestions, as it could be a sensor, the throttle body (which has the throttle position sensor), the EGR or something different altogether. I have a reasonable code reader/editor but I suspect it isn't as good as the PP one often muted on here. I can buy a Chinese version off ebay and have a go myself but I don't know what parameters to test in the live data - where can I get the info for this engine?

Failing that, is there anyone you can recommend in the Hampshire/Berkshire area?

Many Thanks,
Warren

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I'd definitely recommend investing in PP. It can save a lot of time and aggro.

If you do decide to take the plunge with it, once you're familiar with the layout and functions, you'll notice on some parameters that it gives you a reference value figure for that parameter/variable. Also, on something called Service Box, there are a couple of bits of information such as turbo pressure at a specific rev value.

As always, the best way to illicit information is to ask the question, so if you need to know something, chances are someone on here knows the answer :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts