Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can anyone help with diagnosing clutch problem? 2007 2.2 - the car drove fine the last I drove it on Thursday. When I went to drive it yesterday, the clutch pedal was on the floor and there is fluid leaking from the bottom of the gearbox. Can anyone help to direct me where the slave cylinder is located? My local garages don’t want to touch it.

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
i think you might be 1 of the unlucky ones with the slave INSIDE the gearbox as it could well be a Mitsubishi box if so its an expensive repair due to sheer work involved just to get box out !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eek. That sounds expensive. I’ve got the green flag coming out later this morning to see if they can help diagnose and possibly have more luck with a garage. Thank you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Clutch slave

Which 4007 model/year/fuel/gearbox type do you have, I can check the service data for you.

If you're not sure please post your Vin number.
Where are you located?

Cheers Tony

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi
I had this done on a 4007 by a Peugeot dealer. I won't frighten you with the bill but whoever does it make sure they use new gearbox and transfer box oil seals on reassembly. DMF should be done at the same time. Adds a few hundred to the bill but can save ££££,s later on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts