Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with a 4007 fitted with an automatic box, just looking for reliability info, experience when driving both 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive and towing with an auto box.

looking at buying one, not sure what box is in it but I did read somewhere on here, 807 forum I think where someone mentioned that the auto box was not really up to the job.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Auto box

Hi,
Just joined the fourm, I have had a 2011 4007 for about 3 years now and have found it to have a very good gearbox, one little problem is that in certain conditions it jumps a gear for instance if you are going up a hill it seems to suddenly jump from 4th to 2nd, it has always done this and is annoying and causes a thump in the gear box, on the plus side I have used it extensively to pull my caravan, which is does very well, it seems to like travelling at 90klm/hr
on the motorways.
It has been very reliable except for a fault with cold starting which I just posted.

All in all I would recommend the 4007 as a very good comfortable ride.

Cheers Tony

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, had 2 x 4007's 2.2 GT Auto's over the last 7 years, found them to be very reliable, the 61 plate i have now pull's our Twin Axle Caravan lovely, at 1,700 kilo's & 26 Foot long it's a big outfit, i have a Peugeot Factory fitted Detachable Tow Bar, the car is very stable when towing, i have found that having the Auto box in "Manual Mode" gives you that extra control & holds the gear longer and saves Fuel, i was averaging around 28 mpg when towing,
Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts