Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been trying to fit cruise control to my 2005 2.0HDi.
I have fitted the switch and programmed it on Planet but the cruise control immediately switches off.
I have checked the brake light switch and I only have 2 wires going to it.

I now need to fit a 4 wire switch and wiring.

Where do I connect the 2 extra wires to make my cruise control work.

Thanks

Mick

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
You have the pre facelift car and some of them came with the 4 wire double pole switch whereas others, including your came with the 2 wire single pole switch. These cars have an extra hole to mount a second switch and if you are lucky there will be an unused plug tucked away somwhere close by the existing brake switch. If you have this connector then you need the seperate cruise control switch which fits in the extra hole (below the brake switch I believe). This is not the same as the brake switch as it works the opposite way. I'm pretty sure the brake switch is normally open and closes when operated with the cruise switch being normally closed and opens when operated (though it could be the other way round). It costs around the same as the brake switch and ECP stocked them last time I needed to look for a brake switch for a 307.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I w hother look in the morning but I am pretty sure that I have not got a second hole or an extra plug for the other switch.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Storeman,

I have just removed the brake switch and you are right. It is a 4 wire switch but there are only 2 wires going to the plug although there are spaces for 2 more.

All I need now is to know where to connect them to!!!!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Hi Storeman,

I have just removed the brake switch and you are right. It is a 4 wire switch but there are only 2 wires going to the plug although there are spaces for 2 more.

All I need now is to know where to connect them to!!!!
They will likely go to the ecu but I no longer have a 307 to physically check. I'll look and see if I can find a wiring diagram but it might take some time.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Just had a thought, try feeling the cable loom from the switch to see if it feels like there are more wires further up. It might be that the wires are there but have been left disconnected and covered with the tape around the loom. It's worth checking as if they are there it may be you just need to connect them to the switch and you can finally get cruise control.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Storeman,

I have checked the loom and there is no spare wires tucked away. There are 2 wires going to the brake switch and they join another 3? wires going to a connector on the side of the clutch pedal. These wires then join the main loom.
So it looks like I am going to have to put another couple of wires in.
If you could look out your wiring diagram and let me know where to put them I would be very grateful. I have been trying to get this sorted for ages and am reluctant to let it defeat me.

Thanks
Mick

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,

I am still trying to get this cruise control working.

Please please please does somebody know where I have to connect the 2 wires from the brake switch to. I need to run 2 extra wires as my car, although fitted with a 4 wire switch, only has 2 wires running to the brake switch.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Does your car have ESP???

Looking at SEDRE it looks like 2 different ways of wiring it depending if ESP is fitted or not.

First 4 pics are diagrams for cars without ESP

Screen Shot 09-11-17 at 08.21 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 09-11-17 at 08.22 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 09-11-17 at 08.23 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 09-11-17 at 08.36 PM.jpg

7308-cruise control safety switch(brake)
1320-engine(ECU)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have checked all around the brake and clutch pedal area but there are no spare wires. I have looked at E4 on the ECU and there is a blue wire on there but I have no idea where it goes. I have only got 2 wires connected in my brake switch connector so I will probably have to cut a 4 wire socket off a scrapper and join my 2 wires to it. I can cut into the blue wire at the ECU but just need to know where to connect to on the BSI.

Terry has been helping me on this and I now feel that we are making progress.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts