Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an old 309 with the torsion bar rear suspension. This has seized up on one side, has anyone had a similar problem and found an easy cure without going to the expense of replacing the complete rear axle as advised by my garage. I have been told that a rear axle from a 306 will straight swap, anyone any knowledge of this? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Just to share my experiences with PSA rear suspension, my wifes 106 diesel had the rear suspension bearings collapse. I fitted an 'axle' from a Citroen AX which went straight in, just had to swop the brakes / stub axles over, so there seems to be some swapability between PSA models with this torsion bar system
HTH Garry

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have reconed my 205 rear beam for just the price of the new bearings [£40]but you need to get the old ones out first and thats the hard bit . another secondhand beam will probably need some work also so try measure the locating points of yours and the 306 .i know the trailing arms fit either axle so maybeyou can

G

·
RM Mountjoy engineering do completely rebuilt, refurbised, repainted and 2 year guaranteed beams for about £350 delivered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.