Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently been given a peugeot 309 and for the first few months it has been a fab car.

it is a 1993 1.4i....and its white.

i started having trouble with it after a trip to newcastle and back at high speed. (it goes fast). the initial problem was that the car started chugging whenevr i put my foot down and then would go like a bat out of hell.

whenever i started it cold it would turn over for ages before the engine turned faster and faster until it got going and then needed a lot of revs to keep going. (the plugs and points are clean).

it has been more pronounced in damp conditions, to the point of not starting at all when the engine wont turn over at all due to repeated attemts to start. it just gets slower and slower.

the AA suggested that it may be the starter motor, however the engine started the day after first time with no issues. i am keen for some independant advice before i get a tow to a garage or start replacing things......which bein a student could cause me a dietary problem

am happy to answer any questions to possibly diagnose a problem

thanks in advance if you can help

·
Registered
5 Posts
i am sorry to say the car is dying as i had a 405 that done the same thing (then caught fire) so i would suggest that you pay your last respect's to the 309 and find a new car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Peugeot 406 said:
i am sorry to say the car is dying as i had a 405 that done the same thing (then caught fire) so i would suggest that you pay your last respect's to the 309 and find a new car.

NO WAY !

Keep her :)

Not good :eek: cant just ditch the poor wee car - and how did ur 405 catch fire ??
I think im gunna start a group - creulty to peugeot assocation lol x

·
Registered
862 Posts
eviledna said:
i have recently been given a peugeot 309 and for the first few months it has been a fab car.

it is a 1993 1.4i....and its white.

i started having trouble with it after a trip to newcastle and back at high speed. (it goes fast). the initial problem was that the car started chugging whenevr i put my foot down and then would go like a bat out of hell.

whenever i started it cold it would turn over for ages before the engine turned faster and faster until it got going and then needed a lot of revs to keep going. (the plugs and points are clean).

it has been more pronounced in damp conditions, to the point of not starting at all when the engine wont turn over at all due to repeated attemts to start. it just gets slower and slower.

the AA suggested that it may be the starter motor, however the engine started the day after first time with no issues. i am keen for some independant advice before i get a tow to a garage or start replacing things......which bein a student could cause me a dietary problem

am happy to answer any questions to possibly diagnose a problem

thanks in advance if you can help

Souns like it might be either the lambda sensor or the the throttle body.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts