Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You never see these any more, I had a couple of 309 GTi back in the day, the first one was possibly the best handling front wheel drive car I have ever had (even compared to my DC-2 Integra).

Anyone know of one for sale?

·
Registered
581 Posts
How Rare Is My PEUGEOT 309?

i used to have a 309 xsi, which was the same engine as the 205 gti 1.6, i loved that car, had it when i was 18, was the envey of all my friends. for some reason it doesnt show the xsi on that list

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How Rare Is My PEUGEOT 309?

i used to have a 309 xsi, which was the same engine as the 205 gti 1.6, i loved that car, had it when i was 18, was the envey of all my friends. for some reason it doesnt show the xsi on that list
I remember that model they were quick and no one knew what they were, my mate at the tyre shop had a red one and he was alway going on about how fast it was (and it felt quick).

·
Registered
148 Posts
I love the 309 GTi, easily one of my favourite classic pugs!

Would imagine most of the survivers are holed up in garages for summer driving, or restoration projects now

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the 309 GTi, easily one of my favourite classic pugs!

Would imagine most of the survivers are holed up in garages for summer driving, or restoration projects now
I think you are probably right never see them driving anymore. I used to see one driven daily by an elderly neighbour in Surbiton I shoud really go round and see if its locked away in his garage!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think you are probably right never see them driving anymore. I used to see one driven daily by an elderly neighbour in Surbiton I shoud really go round and see if its locked away in his garage!
And then make him an offer! :nod:

I always fancied one as a project car, but then my 307 hit the age where it was a project in itself :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts