Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm looking at buying a 308sw and looking for advice weather to go to a petrol or diesel, I do 10-12k a year my daliy commute is a round trip of 30miles 15 each way consists of 4 miles of normal roads and rest is motorway and dual carriage ways.. I owned a 308sw gt line 1.6hdi last year I handed the car back to the dealers due to a list of problems first to start it off was the dpf, still not sure if iy was just that car or the fact I wasn't driving it far enough

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi, I'm looking at buying a 308sw and looking for advice weather to go to a petrol or diesel, I do 10-12k a year my daliy commute is a round trip of 30miles 15 each way consists of 4 miles of normal roads and rest is motorway and dual carriage ways.. I owned a 308sw gt line 1.6hdi last year I handed the car back to the dealers due to a list of problems first to start it off was the dpf, still not sure if iy was just that car or the fact I wasn't driving it far enough

Hi I have a 2016 308sw GT 180 BHP love it I would say that you need to up your mileage or at least give it a burst of speed it barely gets to working temp I would suspect battery not getting enough charge due to short trips as regards to diesel or petrol iv'e had 4 Peugeots all diesel never had a problem serviced to schedule down to what you like.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
For that sort of usage look at the 1.2 Puretech 130 BHP petrol engine.

I can get 43 mpg average around town usage, climate control always on & I dont hang about.

I have seen 54 mpg average on a long run before.

The Puretech 130 is direct injection & like all direct injection petrol engines it can suffer from carbon build up on the back of the inlet valves if it's just trundling about. A visit up near the red line on the rev counter once the engine is up to operating temperature helps prevent this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hi I have a 2016 308sw GT 180 BHP love it I would say that you need to up your mileage or at least give it a burst of speed it barely gets to working temp I would suspect battery not getting enough charge due to short trips as regards to diesel or petrol iv'e had 4 Peugeots all diesel never had a problem serviced to schedule down to what you like.
Hi thanks for the reply. I do tend to do longer runs on a weekend at least twice a month, I've never thought about the battery I own a 207 1.4hdi have done for 6 years doing the same sort of mileage and no problems so far always had it serviced every year and new oil and filter every 5-6k,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For that sort of usage look at the 1.2 Puretech 130 BHP petrol engine.

I can get 43 mpg average around town usage, climate control always on & I dont hang about.

I have seen 54 mpg average on a long run before.

The Puretech 130 is direct injection & like all direct injection petrol engines it can suffer from carbon build up on the back of the inlet valves if it's just trundling about. A visit up near the red line on the rev counter once the engine is up to operating temperature helps prevent this.[/QUOTE

Hi thanks for the reply.
That sort of mpg is great, the puretech 130 is the petrol engine I would want as to what I've read about it, it seems a good little engine.
Does it have enough power to overtake it needs be and things like that I currently own a 207 1.4hdi and to be honest it's a little under powered..
Im not the kind of that hangs around so the puretech would have a few visits near the red line now and again

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
130 BHP & 230 Nm from a 1.2 petrol 3 cylinder are plenty for overtaking easily enough.

I use Shell V Power & the engine seems to like it.

Best advice I could give is take one for a long test drive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
130 BHP & 230 Nm from a 1.2 petrol 3 cylinder are plenty for overtaking easily enough.

I use Shell V Power & the engine seems to like it.

Best advice I could give is take one for a long test drive.
Thanks, I plan on test driving one today

1 - 7 of 7 Posts