Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Recently purchased a 67 plate facelifted GT Line version of the 308SW and am very happy with it so far. I like my tunes so tried my 128GB flash drive with over 15000 tracks on it but think the car can only see 5000 of them. Is there a 5000 track maximum?

·
Registered
542 Posts
It depends on the FW you have. I can see around 8000. I am using FLAC files. I found it cannot see WMA lossless like my BMW F10 I had before. But surprised it can decode FLAC on the fly. It changes every FW update I have applied. Not sure why and never looked into it in detail.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Will look closely into the file formats I use although I still suspect there is a file/folder limit of some sort but the manual doesn't give much detail.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the info. Will look closely into the file formats I use although I still suspect there is a file/folder limit of some sort but the manual doesn't give much detail.
I thought the limitation was with the size of the pen drive. I use a 16gb Sandisk mini drive (no bigger than your little finger nail) and it hold thousands and works perfectly once the car has processed the tunes

·
Registered
978 Posts
There is a limit and I came up against it when I loaded a 32GB pen drive up and found that it didn't recognise anything after 'K' in the first folder. I might be wrong but I think it's in the low 6000s. It's nothing to do with the size of the USB drive although I've only tried said 32GB drive as the largest.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I use a 320Gb HDD USB2 (yes it does work). Its full to the brim with around 7/8000 tracks.
Yes but does the car "see" all of those tracks?

My 32GB pen drive was also stuffed but the car didn't see the same amount that I could see when the pen drive was in my laptop.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yes but does the car "see" all of those tracks?

My 32GB pen drive was also stuffed but the car didn't see the same amount that I could see when the pen drive was in my laptop.
Depends on the FW version, Sometimes on some versions it doesn't and others it does. I have the latest FW and its fine. But the track name doesn't show.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts