Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, long(ish) time Peugeot owner , new to the forum

Massive headache with my peugeot 308sw 1.6 vti

Depollution fault came up just over a week ago, sluggish engine, fan instantly kicking in and staying on after turning engine off, engine stalling when coming to a stop and lumpy/erratic idel with a lot of juddering

Got it to a mechanic who said head gasket needed done (it was using/loosing water)

So, £500 lighter and i still have the same issues

to summarise
# lack of power
# does go above 3k but wont rev freely above 3k and also make quite a intake noise around 2800rpm (louder than normal)
# depollution fault showing
# engine stopping when coming to a stop
# fan coming on straight away and remaining on when turned off

I've had a look on the PP map and the only person near to me (Newcastle upon tyne) hasn't been active since 2017

Any idea guys or does it need to be scanned correctly to diagnose/

thanks
Lee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very similar symptoms to mine. I have had mine read and the fault was p1340 which is camshaft position sensor. Have changed it in mine but fault still occurring

·
Registered
96 Posts
You really need to read the codes to find the problem.

depollution fault is a generic term used and could mean anything. More than likely a sensor fault.

I am based in York, so if you wanted to go christmas shopping in York, then I am more than happy to read the code for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
P1340 can also be "Combustion misfiring on cylinder 4 fault"

Try running the engine and disconnecting then reconnecting each ignition coil.

The engine should run rougher with any coils disconnected, if disconnecting any coil doesn't cause a change then the cylinder is misfiring and probably an igniton coil.

Had this happen 3 times now on a 2010 308 VTi am expecting to have the fault re-occur and to replace the 4th coil sometime in the next 12 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts