Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 65 plate 2015 308SW 1.2 petrol-I bought this a couple of months ago to replace a company car I no longer wanted to pay tax on.The car has sat for the last couple of months at home but I have used it about once a week previously. I have just started to use it all the time now but have noticed the car is making a strange noise when I let the clutch out. Does anyone know if this is a common problem?:confused:
The car has done approx. 33,000 miles and has a full Peugeot stamped service book.I bought the car from a Peugeot dealer in March this year and at the present time the car is still under warranty until November :)

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
As it's very difficult to work out what a "strange noise" is, why not get the dealer to look and listen?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yes, that's recognized as common problem. Last year I visited my dealer because of that and they changed clutch cylinder, and few mont after that they call me to do somethin about that again, because of bulletin from Peugeot. Interesting - this sound started last summer and, ugh, these days, when geting warmer, again. Not that loud as last year but still. This is more like feeling under my foot than sound.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Yes, you can feel the slight vibration as you lift your foot up. Cured by a squirt of oil with PTFE in my case.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Update-
Loads of hassle with this car-took to a main dealer.(not impressed with them total rip off merchants)
Main dealer said it was the clutch release bearing which I had to agree for them to remove the clutch/gearbox assembly (quoted £1200 if it was not faulty) they apparently "replaced" the bearing and I had a 2 week battle with the so called "Platinum" Peugeot cover warranty company to honour the warranty as they said the bearing was not covered by the warranty even though the car was still under the manufacturers warranty at the time it first went in but then went into the extended warranty phase.(not worth the paper it is written on).2 weeks after "repair" the car was still making the same noise when the clutch was released.
Took back to the main dealer who said there was nothing wrong with it and could not find the fault even though car makes the noise every time you drive it!! and they had the car for over a week.
Took it up with Peugeot (so-called customer support)who asked a load of questions which I had already answered with the main dealer and then no further communication from Peugeot customer service after 2 weeks.
I finally now have got shot of the car at last.
Tons of problems for a low mileage 2 year old car which a main dealer supplied and serviced but could not sort out which has totally diminished my respect for this car company and their utterly abysmal main dealer support.
Goodbye to my 2015 308sw and good riddance what an utter rubbish vehicle.
Did not expect so much hassle from a nearly new vehicle-should of stuck with 12 year old Passat estate with 150,00 miles on the clock and never let me down!
I have now inherited my wife's 2015 2008 Crossover as she has bought a new version 2008!
:mad: Very Jealous.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Update-
Loads of hassle with this car-took to a main dealer.(not impressed with them total rip off merchants)
Main dealer said it was the clutch release bearing which I had to agree for them to remove the clutch/gearbox assembly (quoted £1200 if it was not faulty) they apparently "replaced" the bearing and I had a 2 week battle with the so called "Platinum" Peugeot cover warranty company to honour the warranty as they said the bearing was not covered by the warranty even though the car was still under the manufacturers warranty at the time it first went in but then went into the extended warranty phase.(not worth the paper it is written on).2 weeks after "repair" the car was still making the same noise when the clutch was released.
Took back to the main dealer who said there was nothing wrong with it and could not find the fault even though car makes the noise every time you drive it!! and they had the car for over a week.
Took it up with Peugeot (so-called customer support)who asked a load of questions which I had already answered with the main dealer and then no further communication from Peugeot customer service after 2 weeks.
I finally now have got shot of the car at last.
Tons of problems for a low mileage 2 year old car which a main dealer supplied and serviced but could not sort out which has totally diminished my respect for this car company and their utterly abysmal main dealer support.
Goodbye to my 2015 308sw and good riddance what an utter rubbish vehicle.
Did not expect so much hassle from a nearly new vehicle-should of stuck with 12 year old Passat estate with 150,00 miles on the clock and never let me down!
I have now inherited my wife's 2015 2008 Crossover as she has bought a new version 2008!
:mad: Very Jealous.
I had a similar thing with my clutch at 36000 miles and was quoted a similar figure pending investigation. So basically they take the car apart and have you over a barrel! In the end I just learned to live with it as it was only occasional.

I also had two clogged vvt solenoids over the course of a year and half resulting in random on/off warning lights. After a lengthy conversation with a head tech I learned that this is an associated issue of the dreaded timing belt disintegration debacle. I lost all faith in the car, had the solenoid fixed then cut my losses trading it in on a jap car with a timing chain. It's a shame as I really liked the car and the engine but the stupid belt in oil ruined it for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
Yes i am glad i am now shot of it.
Have not heard of the timing belt disintegration problem.
My wife has had the 2008 Crossover from new and at least i know the history of it.
I would never ever buy another vehicle from the main dealer that carried out the work (are we allowed to name and shame them?)
We bought the new 2008 from another main dealer as i swore i would never ever use them under any circumstances, so they lost out on a new car sale.
The new 2008 is very impressive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My GTI only had 12,000 miles on the clock when I had gearbox trouble. Same symptoms are yours really. Except if I rolled in neutral the noise went.

It was my secondary gear shaft (layshaft) that was broke. Warranty covered it luckily otherwise was looking at 4 grand+ in costs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts