Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - hope everyone is well given the current outbreak. I am stuck like many WFH and decided to use the weekend to get some much neglected jobs done on my car.

I booked the following jobs in with a local mechanic previously but got let down multiple times, left it for a few weeks but decided to DIY it.

Two problems

First the ABS has malfunctioned, I have a diagnostic scantool however at the same time of the ABS failure the tool also refused to communicate with diagnostics. Which is weird as my tools worked brilliantly for datalogging during mapping etc. So they are confirmed to work but couldn't get anything. Nevermind, borrowed a friends reader which did connect and I get rear left abs sensor. The fault is permanent, and returns even without moving the wheel so I assume the sensor is shorted or similar.

Do I have to take the centre hub nut off to get to the sensor? stripped it earlier, took calliper off, looks like brake disc has to come off to get access to the sensor even though i can see it (grr) , does anyone what size is the centre nut as my 32mm socket is too small?

Thats the first problem, now the injectors.

I've had loads of oil contamination problems over the years and flush the engine, far too often really. But I've also been chasing an oil leak from the top end of the engine too, I've taken the cam cover off and found a damaged gasket which i've ordered a replacement for, hopefully that will fix that but i've also noticed a hissing coming from the engine that changes with revs. It sounds exactly like a badly sealed diesel injector, though i cant actually feel any blowby if i put my had above the injector with it ticking over. Nonetheless, theres so much crud around there its time for a clean so i've decided as well as doing the cam cover seal I'll pull all the injectors and do a full seal replacement.

I got cylinder 2 and 4 out with ease, in fact it was worryingly easy, take the bracket bolts out, turn it side to side with a spanner gently and pull with hands - that was it. Never had it so easy?

But 1 and 3, are completely different. seized solid. Can't turn them with a spanner. But worse still, it doesnt actually look like cylinder 3 injector has a retaining bracket at all? The two retaining nuts at the top and bottom scrwed straight into the head. surely I should have launched that injector?

So I've a nasty feeling that injector might be the result of some poor mechanical work previous, but I don't understand it. The two bolts were not clamping anything.

So I'm now on the market for an injector puller, can anyone recommend one that they have used previously, Im scouring ebay but I want to ensure the kit I get is appropriate. I've looked at various CR injector extraction techniques and it looks like on some to make room for access I might have to take the inlet mani off, which i could do i guess but its just more work.

I was looking at something like this

Long post I'm afraid but cheers!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Firstly you shouldn't have to take the disc of to get to wheel speed sensor but I recall the center nut being 38mm but don't hold me to tho. The injector seal that push fits through rocker cover is prone to breaking apart and all that baked on crud that looks almost like melted plastic is a build up of carbon and diesel also very common, definitely sounds like someone has had a play which is why I think last person has managed to pull the loose injectors and given up on other 2 and forgetting to replace key components such as the injector clamp, as far as pullers go all mine are sealey cheap and really good, before you use them take all injector clamps of laret them in penetrating fluid twist them and rev the car they do sometime pop up under there own pressure once out I would soak them in diesel over nite take cam cover off clean it thoroughly replace seals in cam cover and get a pipe set injector seal kit bout £8 on ebay and refit also just to mention and this is very opinionated on hear but ill tell you where im at generic code readers are no good for PSA vehicles and you should use peugeots constructors diag PP2000 a lot of code readers just give you codes which have different meanings in different constructors ecu's and in your case unable to communicate with ECU planet will give you live data parameters and actuator tests, hope you sort it and let us no how you get on.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You dont need a puller what you do is put it all back together leave the clamps loose on the tight ones but not too loose start engine and get it warm the injectors will come loose with the heat and compression pressure and a little coaxing this is best way to avoid damage

1 - 3 of 3 Posts