Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so I am in desperate need of help.
A couple of weeks ago I lowered my drivers side window and went to raise it again heard a snap and the window wouldn't work, brought a new regulator as when we removed old one we could see the wires had been chewed up into the motor, so fitted in new regulator and motor, attempted to fit glass but needed the mechanism to go up slightly so we could attach, thats when we noticed the switch would not operate to go up but we could hear it working when we tried to lower, we have tried a different switch no joy same thing will turn the motor to close but not open, central master switch will let you open all windows but will not operate the windows window at all.....does anyone have any other sensible ideas? I am penniless after just paying out 800 quid for a timing chain and major service at main dealership so garage is not an option, my uncle is a retired mechanic and he has been the one doing work so any suggestions would be extremely grateful for
The car is a 308cc 2010 diesel 2.0lt hdti

Registered
Wish I could help but sadly don't know enough about this model to offer any advice.
Hopefully someone will answer you....馃檹

What happens if you hold switch in up position to bypass/reset anti-trap

I would also check the harness to the motor to check it was not damaged due to snapped cable or changing the regulator (including the connector plug in case pins got bent or displaced.

If you have the old motor can you plug that back in and see if motor runs.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for the reply
Yes everything has been checked, we have connected the old motor and again when you press the switch to go down it will spin the motor but when you pull to put window up it doesn't do anything, it also doesn't respond to the center control master switch, which will lower and raise the other 3 windows but nothing with this one ....we are stumped !!!

Looking at the wiring the same two wires are used for lift and lowering of the window. The only other connection is from the door handle sensor are you sure that it has been reconnected and is not damaged as it maybe it's triggering the auto drop on the window when you touch the handle and maybe this overrides the lift signal

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
OK so just a little update as it may help people in the future.
We ended up having to take it to a garage that deals only in peugeot and citreon, it isn't a main dealership as I have lost trust in them and can't afford a mortgage to repay them.

After 2 days of having the car and also scratching their heads they contacted peugot manufacturers and were told, second hand regulators and motors could not be used as the motor is programmed to the brain of each car, so my car will not read what the motor is doing or saying as it is programmed to another ....apparently their software is unable to re-proramme however a brand new one is programmable so to the tune of 拢780 it can be fixed ....this could be why you can not get this part for love nor money anywhere ....I am now going to try and recover the money I paid for the part and return it to the seller on ebay ....I wish I had the car to try all the different suggestions what you have given that I haven't tried but I just thank God my uncle is like superman and will front the bill with me needing to repay him over time.
Thank all for your help and I truly hope it stops someone making the same mistake as me.

I find it hard to believe that the unit cannot be recoded with Diagbox. I would check.if there is a member in your area who can check with diagbox.

Also why is the old unit not working as that should still be coded to car

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts