Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there after months of trying to diagnose my P1339 misfire problem , upon opening the valve cover, we found 2 x valve rockers had fallen out , number 1 exhaust valve and number 3 exhaust valve , on number 3 valve , half the retaining half moon clip was gone so the valve is sitting skew , so I just would like to find out if someone knows if there is a spacer cap between the rocker arm and the valve top as so far number 1 exhaust valve seems to be short as I put the rocker back but it's making a ticking sound, I have yet to put number 3 pins back in as I need assistance with that with the rope trick without taking the head off. So before we reassemble I just want to know if there is a spacer cap or does the rocker go directly onto to valve cap / top?
Ep6dt engine Vf34c5fwc55136015

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
There are 2 tapered collets that hold the cap on the valve and what can happen is the valve cap is pushed down by the rocker and 1 or both collets drop out this sounds like what your problem is 1 has fallen out and the cap is higher than it should be this MUST be fixed or you will end up with bigger problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts