Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have a problem with Peugeot 308. Last year bought used 308 2010.a 160k kilometers on a clock. So, in Estonia is winter right now and car "coolant" temperature wount rise to "80-90", it stays around "60-70" and dont blow hot air. The distance is to drive about 13 kilometers to arrive in town. Today were -15 and before driving started car for 10-15 minutes. My question is, would be a problem old/faulty termosthat or something else? New thermostat cost around 100 euros.

I am sorry about bad "English", it isnt my mother language.

Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes it could be the thermostat. A good test us to start the engine from cold and carefully keep checking the temperature of the top hose with the palm of your hand. It should stay cold for quite a time then as the thermostat cracks open suddenly turn hot. This shows the thermostat is opening and not partly stuck open, in which case the hose would gradually warm with the engine, not suddenly as the thermostat opens. What it won't tell you is if the thermostat is opening at the correct temperature- only a garage can tell this. I have a 2009 308 vti 1.6 and admit to being disappointed withe the heater and this is in my English winter (10-15°c!) My thermostat appears to work correctly getting to 90°c about 4 miles from cold start. It will take longer in cold conditions. I see you can get radiator muffs for the 308. On an astray I made an hardboard blank and black ked of 1/2 of the radiator. This could be a good idea. Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any other ideas. Ill try it, i hope it gives good result. My main car is 508/2.0 hdi 120kw, and it blows in same weather condisions about 5 minutes warm air. It must be thermostat issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts