Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to the forum so a quick Hi to everybody. I've just put a witter detachable towbar on my 5dr 308s and i'm about to throw in the car specific wiring , anyone done this already/had any problems ? i've seen info on 3min power down before disconnecting battery !

Electrics put in and working ,if anyone orders a car specific kit make sure you get the right one,the 308 wiring changed about nov. 2008, mine is a sept. 2008 and i was sent the wrong one (twice!). when connecting the wiring just take off the positive to the battery, much quicker also there was some confusion with the instructions saying to look for a 4mm sq. pink wire (in glovebox fusebox)when it was in fact white (supposedly white was in estate version only),this wire is the positive feed to the rear n/s socket.Before you disconnect battery open glovebox and (with ignition on) test for voltage on the unattached black socket if there is voltage you won't have to take fusebox under the bonnet apart to fit the 50A fuse as it will be already fitted (mine was!).Last thing, i was told by my local dealer that if you fit a non-car specific kit, ie scotch-locks everywhere ,that it will invalidate any warranty claims linked in any way to the electrical system so be careful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts