Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd make history by getting in there first!

I got a 308 HDi110 Sport 5 door hatch, and I love it. Came the 308 way after a very fraught and disappointing 207 ownership experience - on one occasion they gave me a 308 courtesy car and I sold the piece of kack and bought a 308 of my own the same day.

So far 19k miles, totally and utterly without fault. It easily drives as well as anything from Ford or VW in this sector, and is as well finished as the oddly named product from the firm commisioned by Hitler, so i'm surprised pug aren't hammering the advertising harder.

Still, I was going to ask, anyone else out there have a 308 other than little olde me?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what i've been told the build quality on the 308's has gone back to how it should be and they are a very reliable motor

Just cant accept that bonnet though, just the ridges on it dont work for me!

Saying that i didnt like the 307's front end at first and now here i am owning one!

They need to get Pininfarina in a bit more like they did with the 406 coupe, used to love that thing!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The nose is a bit Manilow, though in the flesh it's better proportioned and not so bad. It's also better with a high spec trim which gives all the nasty plastics a dose of colour coding and a set of 17s as standard - much easir on the eye that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys thought i would introduce myself being a newbie on here ;)
Just brought a 308 SW SE 1.6HDI 110 and loving it :lol:
Had a diesel Zafira before but this Pug is just so much more refined and a pleasure to drive! loving it :lol:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good man! I have to say the standard of build and fit, and the 'quality' (I hate that word, it's so misused) of the trim is a genuine light year ahead of any Pug I've previously owned, and the 3008 looks set to be better still.

Hope you continue to love it as much as I love mine - nippy (it feels livelier and punchier than a mere 110 bhp should), comfy, good handling, awe inspring brakes, and the 110 holds the official world record for the highest MPG obtained on a public road across a full tank, and the furthest distance covered on a public road in a single tank - stick that in your Prius and smoke it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gloplug

Got to aggree with you, picked up me 308 sw last friday, super bit of kit diddent think i would ever be driving a pug after all the probs my lad has had with his 307 hdi. by the way i think the front end is well sexy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just traded in my 207 for a 308 Sport HDi a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it!
Much more comfortable than the 207, far better build quality and as you'd expect, the fuel consumption is far better as well!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice one Graeme - a lot of people with 308s seem to be ex 207 owners who became disenchanted with their crapness. in my case I got a 308 loan car while my 207 was in being repaired yet again and by the time I'd driven it home I was converted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
chopper1192 said:
Nice one Graeme - a lot of people with 308s seem to be ex 207 owners who became disenchanted with their crapness. in my case I got a 308 loan car while my 207 was in being repaired yet again and by the time I'd driven it home I was converted.
Haha, similar thing here. I got sick of sending the 207 in to get fixed and quite liked the look of the 308 so I chopped in the 207! I didn't even test drive the 308, just had a sit in it and decided to go for it:eek:

We've still got a 207 in the household though. The OH has just got herself a 207CC!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gazzaflem said:
Hi Guys thought i would introduce myself being a newbie on here ;)
Just brought a 308 SW SE 1.6HDI 110 and loving it :lol:
Had a diesel Zafira before but this Pug is just so much more refined and a pleasure to drive! loving it :lol:
Just Got one as well
Used to have a 207 175thp but needed more room!
Love it

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah, welcome Peug - another 207 owner has seen the light (usually the engine management light!).

My 308 has now racked up 24k fault free and uber economical miles, though the missus is hassling me now for more power so I might remap it, though I've not made my mind up on that score.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got my wife the 308 1.6 thp (2009) a couple months ago. 18" wheels , leather interior. Absolutely love the looks and the fit & finish is excellent. Absolutely no problemo.

Incidentally I also own a VW Jetta 2.0 FSI ...... I drive the 308 more:lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
308SW Premium

I am on my second Pug in 4 years I had a 307SW 136 Diesel great car but the dealer here in Spain was useless.

I now have a 308SW 136 Diesel premium has all the toys plus Xenons I love it and the Xenons allow me to drive home on the motorway at 150KPH on dipped beam.

My next car? 308SW

·
Registered
1 Posts
308 hdi 110

Hi,
im new to this forum but thought i would agree with you, i have today just purchased my first Peugeot, a 308 HDI 110 and find it great to drive, for a 1.6 it is nippy but have yet to test the mpg statement. i previously had a Civic sport 1.6 but have to say the 308 its much quicker. looking forward to going my first weekend drive to test it out for sure.:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Loving it!

Picked up our 308 1.6 (120) VTi S Auto (10 Plate) on Friday night... this is an upgrade from a 1.2 Clio Manual, required for 2 reasons
1. Size - My wife and I want to start a family, as well as the Clio has served us (and my mother before us) it was only a 3Dr, the 308 is like a tardis and obviously, fitting a child seat in the back will be easier with 5 doors and the boot is plenty big enough for a pushchair!

2. Automatic - The wife doesn't yet drive... tried learning manual but can't cope with a clutch so is only going for an Auto test!
I wasn't really up for the idea of an Auto (or the 308 really) until I had a test drive but this car moves far better than I could have imagined.
It can be a bit loud under acceleration (over 30) but once up to speed has little noise from the engine or road.
I have yet to try the Tiptronic 'Manual' selection but so far haven't missed changing gear... just a twitchy left foot from time to time.

I wasn't expecting to get a 308, due to budget constraints I hadn't even looked at one online and I wasn't really keen on the 307 or 207 but when we went to the dealership, standing in front of it and seeing the interior I was compelled to take it for a spin... 2 days later we agreed to buy it... another 3 days we picked up.

Obviously going from a 1.2 to a 1.6 is going to make a difference in performance but I would have expected the auto box to take away from the benefit of the extra power but I am more than happy with the power and nimbleness that has been delivered with the additional benefits of space, quietness styling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi all
i have a 308 egs hdi returned 4.8 ltrs 100 kl over 10000 k, att shows 1500 kl out of tank, runs 3.8 to 4.2 down the gold coast M1
great car

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts