Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An old chestnut and just for the owners of 308's with under slung spare wheels , a strange idea, the wheel does not take up internal boot space but the jack is stowed inside the wheel so if you have a problem getting the wheel down you can't even jack the car up ! My cable recently jammed in the up position, I have a feeling the tire fitter wound the cable up without a wheel on it and then tried to wind it down again and of course without any weight to pull it down it got fouled up.

Removing and stripping the unit revealed many kinks and sharp bends in the actual multi stranded wire inner cable and even with the cable pulled straight there was no way it would wind back into the groove in the cable drum and would only foul again. So I tracked down another complete assembly the going rate is around £112 to £140 but I found the same manufacturer but not marketed by Peugeot at £83 so I bought one.

A close inspection of the old dis assembled unit revealed there were no other faults and once the unit was split the inner and outer cable assembly ( rather like a bicycle brake cable) was removable by hand. So it is feasible to carry out a repair, however just to be sure I tried to find a spares list but without success, but I am sure some Peugeot owner may have an answer to this and if so may save others a bit of expense.

·
Registered
14,883 Posts
Parts are not availabe to repair im afraid peugeot just sell complete units !

As you say a fresh cable would sort most of them but i tried to find a supplier for the parts but gave up in the end as nobody would make them in small quantities

1 - 2 of 2 Posts