Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sat nav in my otherwise brilliant new 308 SW shows very few speed limits, and none at all on the roads near me. It kindly told me that the speed limit on a motorway was 70 mph, which I could have guessed, but that's it. The "Display Speed Limits box" is ticked. Have I missed something, please? If this is all there is, it's time to dig out my 4 year old sat nav and use that.
Just fyi, I have successfully installed the Alert and Risk Zones add-on, which seems to show me a handful of fixed cameras, but no occasional mobile camera sites. Again, not what I had hoped for.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've a 2016 GTLine and it's the same. The speed limits seem to be few and far between. Not useless but it could be an awful lot better. My wife's Kia shows almost all the roads with speed limits on her screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have to say that's a poor system. Get users to correct their data for them. Then charge those same users to download the updated files. I love the car but small things like that annoy me!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've a 2016 GTLine and it's the same. The speed limits seem to be few and far between. Not useless but it could be an awful lot better. My wife's Kia shows almost all the roads with speed limits on her screen.

Peugeot use Here (previously Nokia), do you know what Kia use?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sat Nav Speed limit omission

Yes - the marketing description says "Motorways and Major Roads (only??)". The question is why. I have a friend with a Peugeot 3008 which shows all speed limits - 20/30/40... whatever, so no question of map availability across the Peugeot range. Also, I cannot believe that a senior Peugeot Manager would deliberately decide to leave out this function from the new 308. So, all we are left with is the in-car software capability. The satnav shows "70" on motorways, but is this really from the map speed limits, or is it made up just because the road number has an "M" at the start? Has anyone seen any limit other than 70 on any other type of road? If the software can really show some, why not all?
I can only hope that a software/firmware upgrade brings full speed limit display.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Marc,
Thanks for info.
Is this in England, and in a post 2014 Peugeot 308?
But why oh why not display the limits everywhere? Defies common sense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2014 model has the same problem. Motorways yes A38 through Worcester yes A449 from Worcester to Malvern no A449 Worcester to Kidderminster yes A4103 yes. There seems to be no logic to yet. Have asked Peugeot the question but no answer yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had a new 2016 308 hatchback for 10 days and my wife and I have been discussing this. Today we did a 40 mile journey along A roads and 60 (correctly) showed when there was "no limit" but through the villages where it was a 30 limit, nothing showed!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I was thinking about this on the drive home today. I think its only set up to display the speed limit where the road speed changes. e.g. when driving between 30-40 mph zones etc...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts