Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I’m looking at buying a 68 plate with 27000 miles.
Before I take the plunge, I’m attempting to do some due diligence..

Does anyone have an opinion on this model either way?

Are there any reliability issues with this model that you know of?

Anything I should know about it in general to help make an educated decision before purchasing?

Any advice is welcome

cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Avoid anything PSA or Vauxhall fitted with the 1.2 Purecrap engine.

Wet timing belt failure, carbon fouling of intake valves & excessive oil consumption are all known issues.

Just browse this forum - 208, 2008, 308, 3008 & 5008 used various versions of the turbocharged Purecrap 1.2 engines & there are plenty of problems reported with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Avoid anything PSA or Vauxhall fitted with the 1.2 Purecrap engine.

Wet timing belt failure, carbon fouling of intake valves & excessive oil consumption are all known issues.

Just browse this forum - 208, 2008, 308, 3008 & 5008 used various versions of the turbocharged Purecrap 1.2 engines & there are plenty of problems reported with it.
Thanks for the response.

I was under the impression the wet belt issue was more the pre 2018 models tbh.

Can the carbon fouling be prevented with plenty of longer motorway runs etc instead of low rev around town driving?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Appreciate it thanks
listen, if you go into this armed with information about this issue which is now widely available then proactive maintenance, and you will be fine just forget about the manufacturer suggested service interval and change the engine oil and filter on or before every 10k kms( roughly 6k miles). examine the belt before purchase to see if it is already degrading as this will now be collecting in the oil pump pickup which leads to oil starvation. ohh! and drive the beans out of the car as often as you can

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,

I’m looking at buying a 68 plate with 27000 miles.
Before I take the plunge, I’m attempting to do some due diligence..

Does anyone have an opinion on this model either way?

Are there any reliability issues with this model that you know of?

Anything I should know about it in general to help make an educated decision before purchasing?

Any advice is welcome

cheers!
Hi Ralph, sorry what does a 68 plate mean?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts