Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having trouble starting 308 when it's cold?

Needs some gas and a few attempts to get engined turned over.

Peugeot say diagnostics report no problem so they replaced spark plugs - still an issue and all Peugeot keep saying is that nothing comes up in diagnostics.

D

·
0 Posts
There is a software update for this problem. It stops the engine management ecu drenching the plugs with petrol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
davidireland said:
There is a software update for this problem. It stops the engine management ecu drenching the plugs with petrol.
David,

Thanks for your response. Can you suggest what I say to the Pug dealership to get this update?

The wife was only advised to replace the spark plugs as the diagnostics report no problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
This problem has been affecting mine too. Are the dealers aware of this problem and if so, I assume the software update is free?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My local dealer wasn't aware of the problem as didn't mention the software upgrade.

I've looked online and this looks like quite a common problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else having trouble starting 308 when it's cold?

Needs some gas and a few attempts to get engined turned over.

Peugeot say diagnostics report no problem so they replaced spark plugs - still an issue and all Peugeot keep saying is that nothing comes up in diagnostics.
Hi there Ive just recently purchased a Peugeot 308 1.6SE 120 VTI and am experiencing the same problems as you describe in your post. have you managed to get the problem sorted out yet ? If so what was the problem ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've just bought an '08 308 1.6 vti S, still with 3 months Peugeot Warranty, and this sounds very similar to my problem. Usually taking 2 or three times to get it started.

Car will turnover and start, then engine dies.
Turning the key again, engine will start with revs around 900rpm, die almost stall, then with a brrmmmp revs will pick up to just over 1000 rpm.

Also, when driving with a cold engine, it feels 'chuggy', almost like a misfire, but not as obvious.

Anyone had a software update that remedied this, or are we looking for something else?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Off to pick up my car...engine management system reset, and latest firmware uploaded.

Will it now start from cold? I have my doubts, but let's see.

·
Registered
46 Posts
yes a engine update download will fix this problem get a few in work :p
yes this will be done for free aslong car is still under warrenty
did u actually no your engine is infact bmw/ used in the new minis

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, I take it all back...

Car started first time, and no sign of a mis-fire today.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

So, its more of a Peugeot engine in the Mini then, rather than a BMW engine in the 308?

C

·
0 Posts
Well, it's a bit of both. Both PSA and BMW had a hand in developing the engine, and it's debatable who had most input, but the starting point was an existing Peugeot engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
308 starting problems 120 vti

I have had a similar problems despite a recent service. I took the car back to Perrys who downloaded a 'recent' ECU up date and it appears to have fixed the problem. Whilst Peugeot say they always apply up grades at service as usual with this dealer what you get depends on where you go.( That's why my chops are sometimes grumpy). Do get it done as over fueling can cause over heating of the CAT and these CATS cost nearly a grand so I am told!

C

·
0 Posts
That's a fair point Grumpy Chops (I love the name). Get them to shove a probe up the exhaust and check the cat is working if there have been question marks over the fuelling. Although, to be fair, cats are much more robust than the horror stories in the papers would have us believe when they first became common (unless you bang them on something).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts