Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondered if any of you kind folk out there could tell me how to remove the rear light cluster from my 308.

I only just got my car 2 weeks ago updating from a 307. I use the car as a driving school vehicle, and my main concern is having to replace the rear bulbs.

The car is constantly being used on the road, so the possibility of having to do this kind of replacement would probably be more frequent than a normal car drivers vehicle.

Any help that anyone could give would be really appreciated.

Tony.

**Just to say, I finally worked out how to replace these bulbs - if I have to... I think I was having a bit of a Homer Simpson moment :). It was just coming from the 307 and thinking it was the same in the 308, not so.. have to remove a couple of little panels and then there are a couple of plastic knurled nuts to loosing. Then the whole light unit comes away from the car to enable you to replace the bulb.

Now I have that sorted, wonder if Peugeot are setting up a F1 team, I could give them some of my expert advice - yeah right :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
rear lights

I have had trouble with the rear lights. After arguing with our dealer and Peugeot directly it seems they are aware of a fault withe lights intermittently stop working acting like bulbs are blown when they haven't.

They have fitted some local earth wires and new lights clusters to our 308 vti eventually under warranty.

Also they found the connectors on the harness were corroded, and our car has only done 30 k miles!

So if you get the same check it out !

Cheers. Blue pug

·
Registered
11 Posts
Blue pug, I had the same issue.

I think the cause of mine was a slightly loose connection on the earth terminal, which over time became worse. The earth terminal eventually caused arcing which only made the connection worse, fusing the plastic, to the point where driving over a speed bump the connection would be made good!

I managed to fix this myself in the end by re-building the terminal.

Karl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts