Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My daughter is having trouble with filter clogging on dashboard info. Peugeot garage advising new erg valve and DPF filter etc at vast expense! Any help/suggestion. Could Rwb help?

·
Registered
286 Posts
before we can advise as best as we can, it would be useful if you can provide more info

YEAR
ENGINE TYPE E.G 1.6 HDI
current mileage

and whats sort of driving do you do? Around town or motorway driving

Apart from the error message is the car working fully

Adam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Peugeot 308

Adam,
Year 2008
Engine 1565 Diesel
Mileage 142263
Motorway driving: Newbury to Heathrow and RTN daily.
Yes, at the moment. Peugeot garage quoted £1650 and say it could give up at any time.

·
Registered
286 Posts
If the car is driving fine, then i would suggest the following

1. Check the DPF fluid, see if its low ( i think they are underneath around the passenger wheel)

2. Buy a can of JLM DPF Cleaner. Pour the whole can and then Fill up with premium fuel.

3. Get the car nice and warm and give it a good italian tune up on the dual carriage or motorway. 20/30 miles or so.

If that does not cure the problem then you would either need to have the DPF replaced or removed.

Removing the EGR valve and giving it a good clean with carb or EGr cleaner would help.

Adam

·
Registered
127 Posts
Adam,
Year 2008
Engine 1565 Diesel
Mileage 142263
Motorway driving: Newbury to Heathrow and RTN daily.
Yes, at the moment. Peugeot garage quoted £1650 and say it could give up at any time.
That quote is just out of this world.I would try as some have suggested by putting in some additive and giving it a good burn up,but if that doesn't work I would get the DPF hollowed out and mapped out,and also the EGR valve mapped from the system.
I have a 1.6 hdi 110 and a couple of months ago had my DPF and EGR mapped out plus the engine beefed up to 130 bph and it goes lovely.The job was done in half a day and only cost me £300,done by an independent and is now a joy to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts