Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have read rules and dont think I am breaking any rules by asking for help with my newly aquired 308. I have been getting anti pollution fault messages almost since I bought it which the garage are suggesting might be as a result of a need for a software update. I am also now getting engine management warning light and agin garage is saying it MIGHT be a software update issue. How common is this and does this sound like a likely solution. If I shouldnt post these can sonmeone please advise why as my previou post was deleted.
Many thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,

I have read rules and dont think I am breaking any rules by asking for help with my newly aquired 308. I have been getting anti pollution fault messages almost since I bought it which the garage are suggesting might be as a result of a need for a software update. I am also now getting engine management warning light and agin garage is saying it MIGHT be a software update issue. How common is this and does this sound like a likely solution. If I shouldnt post these can sonmeone please advise why as my previou post was deleted.
Many thanks
Do you know what the faultcodes are?

Skickat från min E6653 via Tapatalk

·
11,992 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would help if you mentioned which engine? Age of car?
Nobody here can read your mind.
Thanks for the warm welcome :p

Sorry I am not very technical at all!

The car is a 59 plate
308 SPORT THP 150
Engine size 1598
6 speed manual
Hope this helps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome

Sorry I am not very technical at all!

The car is a 59 plate
308 SPORT THP 150
Engine size 1598
6 speed manual
Hope this helps
Can be anything, If you knew the actual faultcodes it would be easier say what it may be. Antipollutionfault can be a lot of things

Skickat från min F5121 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Funny, this is exactly what happened to my car a day after I got it off a dealer in Peterborough. They now claim they are dissolved and my car is definitely not right.. so I am praying it is nothing major i have to fix once i manage to book it in. I had the same message multiple times now and management light going on too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Firstly you need to use a different garage if all they are saying is it may need a software update, I had the same thing and I was told the same thing and its ended up costing me an arm and a leg.

Hi I had this with a 308 HDI 1.6, depolution system faulty was popping up all the time, it turned out the the car had had its DPF knocked through but the ECU was not remapped so it was constantly warning about the DPF, it also contributed to my turbo failing (when taking the kids on a day out on the motorway was well). Only why I got it to someone that knew what they were doing did I get it sorted.

My advise is get the codes its throwing read then act accordingly your issue may be something totally different but ignoring it could cost you. Also when was the oil last changed, these cars dirty up the oil quickly and mines previous owner hadnt been doing oil changes regular (another reason for the death of my turbo).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts