Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peugeot 308 2L gt Diesel 49000 miles

Loss of power ? car judders heavily when I accelerate
Intermittent non start but good power constant tone is heard from battery region ? (car only starts when noise is not heard)
De-pollution system faulty light on ?
I have had a forced regeneration done as car had never regenerated??
Tyre pressures not monitored?

Had a diagnostics done
p0000 unknown
p1351 glow relay supp volt low
p1607 road speed limit
p0088 fuel pressure reg stop
p0087 fuel press reg press to low
p3026 air mass signal too high

Pleas help:nono::(:confused:

Dave

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'Ve had a Skoda Diesel & a Jeep ( VW ) diesel ....but from all the post I've read on this site since I've been a member I deffo wont be touching any car that is powered by a Peugot diesel....The've been making diesels for a long time !!! but havn't quite got the hang of it !!!

D

·
0 Posts
I'Ve had a Skoda Diesel & a Jeep ( VW ) diesel ....but from all the post I've read on this site since I've been a member I deffo wont be touching any car that is powered by a Peugot diesel....The've been making diesels for a long time !!! but havn't quite got the hang of it !!!
The vw diesels are as troublesome. I had a transporter other day with a dropped valve. You'll not see a peugeot diesel do that. I'd have a peugeot diesel any day over them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had the same spec 307 not a problem.. Only had the problems since it has been in dealers.... happy with 308 great value for money just peeved at Peugeot customer service nearly £100 for diagnostic????
Surly if you pay £XX thousands for a car they should have the courtesy to plug the car into a computer and tell you what is wrong for free!!!!

Dave

C

·
0 Posts
Except plugging the car in alone won't necessarily tell you what's wrong. They'll tell you what sensors are returning out-of-parameter readings, but not why. Are the sensors genuinely recording a problem? Or is the sensor faulty? Or is something else entirely wrong that is causing the sensor to read a false measurement? This perception that "a diagnostic" involves plugging in a computer that instantly tells you what's at fault come what may while the technician skives with a cuppa and a Benson for the other 59 minutes in the hour is little short of hilarious.

Guys like Dave train for years to be able to "diagnose" problems, yet compared to a Solicitor who will have trained for a similar amount of time you're getting bloody good value.

When you can diagnose better for £100, while paying for premises, tax, wages etc, and still make a profit then we'll take notice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
???? But that's what they did... Plugged in, left my car outside and left it to force regenerate, cleared faults then sent me on my way... took a mechanic 5 mins???

I understand there are overheads but charging so much for so little is well just daft ..... and dealers wounder why people choose independent garages?????

VALUE FOR MONEY

C

·
0 Posts
So you let them charge you a ton for 5 minutes (as you say) work? £1200 an hour? Who's the bigger fool...?

Still, you know so much you could always do it yourself, like some of us do.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Have to say that whenever I went to my local Peugeot dealer for a diagnostic they always did a complete around the car check (like an MOT) as well as reading the faults and always found it good value for money.

The diagnostic never cost me more than £45 as I get a discount for taking any car that I purchase into them. £100 for a diagnostic & forced regen sounds about right to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have to say that whenever I went to my local Peugeot dealer for a diagnostic they always did a complete around the car check (like an MOT) as well as reading the faults and always found it good value for money.
Thats because they are looking for other things to charge you for, not out of the goodness of their hearts.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thats because they are looking for other things to charge you for, not out of the goodness of their hearts.
Not at all, every time my cars went in they were explicitly told that any faults found would be repaired by the dealer whom I purchased the car from so there was never any money in it for them. Peugeot has never had any money from me due to faults found from a diagnostic.

If you take time to build a rapport with a mechanic/ dealership you will usually find that they will treat you with the respect you deserve.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you take time to build a rapport with a mechanic/ dealership you will usually find that they will treat you with the respect you deserve.
This will be my third Peugeot over 10 years, which have always been serviced by dealers. So I do have a little experience in this matter.

Dealers are there to make money, and though its true that when a car is new and under warranty they dont charge you, just wait till its over 3 years old.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dealers are there to make money, and though its true that when a car is new and under warranty they dont charge you, just wait till its over 3 years old.
All my 307 were 5years old when purchased so they were expected to be some faults. Always found my local Peugeot dealership to be good with diagnostic results, costs for fap replacement etc

·
Registered
430 Posts
Never paid Diagnostic charges for my Skoda or for my Jeep & Dodge ....In fact if they were in for anything the service manager would allways connect my cars up & do a re-flash & check for recent updates & that the soft ware was up to date .

Because Peugeot comes right down the bottom of the pile as far as build quality , reliability & customer satisfaction is concerned , Diagnostic , is a pretty big money spinner for their dealers !!

C

·
0 Posts
107 - officially most reliable car in its class, and consequently for the last 2 years has held it's value better than any car on sale in the UK.

207 - officially the most reliable Car from a European manufacturer in the up to 5 year age bracket.

Me personally - on Peugeot number 23. Only 2 have suffered minor faults, 1 serious fault, 20 absolutely utterly faultless.

Feel free to spout nonsense, but some factual statements might be of more value.

Woman wants a Discovery 4 next, and truth be told I'm dreading binning our superb £21k 3008 for a £40k piece of paper mâché, though the interior space is needed.

Johnny is right - dealers are businesses, there to make a profit. If people have an aversion to paying for repairs then they can always work a bit harder and buy new cars with warranty. Don't buy any used car beyond a 3 or 4 year age range without expecting to get your wallet out - surely only a fool doesn't realise that? This is why used cars cost less than new ones. Duh.

C

·
0 Posts
Last year JD Power and the What Car survey contradicted each other quite significantly... In the same week!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone

Problem now fixed I took it to the dealer who recommended diagnostic and to see what that found so I refused.....

Even though I had a recent service I asked for a Full service..

And if by magic the problems have gone away... (I think it was dirt in the fuel filter).

£100 saved..

However they did advise of over £600 of other advisory work that was needed..

I have booked into Independent garage with a great rep that will do all work for £250

Whats that the customer is always right????

DEALERSHIP NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY>>>> REALLY!!

By my count that's £450 Cheaper in total, for the same amount of work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts