Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have just got a second hand 308 diesel. It is an 08 plate and came with one key that does the remote locking. This function doesn't work. I have changed the fob battery and no difference. I would like advice on
1.should i get another flip key for the remote locking? Is it possible to reset the original key?
2 how much should i expect to pay?
3.i have been told i need a special card with a code? Where can i get the card replaced?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Cheers
Martin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm new here but had a similar problem. With some research I managed to sort mine out. The code you refer to will be the 4 digit security code usually found with the handbook pack, if you don't have it call Peugeot they gave me mine for free. You can try to reset your key I believe by putting the key in the ignition turn to positive within 10 seconds press and hold the lock button for 5 seconds, switch off wait 30 seconds then try the key. The way I sorted mine was buying a new blank flip key (HU83) from ebay with transponder in,got the key cut, then set myself up with PP2000 software and re programmed the key, worked first time.

Timpsons wanted £160 to supply a new fob and program it that's why I did it myself,key was £8, cutting £15. There will be smarter folk on here than myself so stay tuned :)

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Yes, you can reset the remote locking that way, you don't need any security code for that. Key in ignition, turn on, press lock button for 5 secs, Turn ignition off and remove key. Wait a bit then try remote locking.
It's documented in the owners handbook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts