Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone out there. This is my first post. I have a 308 hatch 1.4 on a 59 plate. The heater and temp gauge aren’t working and it says I need a new thermostat. Does this mean I have to buy all the housing as well or can I just get stat. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mate,

I didn't get any response to one of my questions either, I have been working on a 308 for months and it certainly sounds like you need a new stat and thermostat housing which can be challenge to change.

check the cable from the green stat, water is known to get in there and crawl up the cable as you are not getting any heating as well it would suggest the thermostat needs changing also but start with the little stat sensor first, easy to change and quite cheap might be a quick fix.

regards

Jay

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi everyone out there. This is my first post. I have a 308 hatch 1.4 on a 59 plate. The heater and temp gauge aren’t working and it says I need a new thermostat. Does this mean I have to buy all the housing as well or can I just get stat. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help
They are electronic stats now, not like the old type where you could just buy one for about £6 and swap it out with the old one, get it off ebay....it will cost you about £50 for one in the UK, or you can get one from china if you can wait for about £30, its a housing with an electronic stat built in, controlled by the ECU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts