Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I need to put my spare wheel on due to a puncture. the locking wheel bolt has 4 groves in which the nut should lock into.
However being a second hand car someone in the past has obviously done this multiple times and the groves in the bolt have worn away meaning i cant get any grip when trying to losen it!
Is there a solution i can use to do it myself or is it a garage job?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think your best option would be get it to a garage for them to try remove it, as I don't think there is an easier way that you cold do it yourself.

I had a similar issue when I took my car to have a tyre changed, the pins in the special socket tool had worn a lot and would not engage with the bolt correctly. Luckily they managed to do a temporary repair on the socket which just managed to get the bolt slack, but seriously advised change to standard bolts, which I have since done. And would advise you to do the same.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This too, just get those locking bolts out and put normal ones in, they are more trouble than they're worth.

I had exactly the same problem too, my mechanic took a tight fitting socket to the locking nut, hammered it on a bit and then removed it with his air drill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts