Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had their hazard lights coming on at night when their car was parked? It caused a flat battery so quite annoying this morning!

- It's only happened once but do you think I should get it checked out?

- Also, could this possibly be caused by "tampering"? (Hard to see how, though)

I'd appreciate any advice you have about this

Thank you

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
When you unlocked the car, did the alarm led in the ultrasonic disarm switch flash rapidly before you switched the ignition ON?

If it was then that means the alarm system was triggered since you last locked the car & armed the alarm system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
308 Hazard lights issue

When you unlocked the car, did the alarm led in the ultrasonic disarm switch flash rapidly before you switched the ignition ON?

If it was then that means the alarm system was triggered since you last locked the car & armed the alarm system.
Well I had a flat battery so no lights came on and the car wouldn't start.. but there was a rapid clicking noise in the car, so I believe that the alarm system may have been triggered.. although no noisy alarm sound in the night (unless I slept through it, which is unlikely). Does this sound possible?

Thanks Mr Lee!

·
2,982 Posts
Hi...perhaps the battery has been drained and low voltage could triggger all sorts of faults...I would check the battery voltage first and battery condition..

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hazard lights normally only flash for 5 minutes on alarm triggering - the siren shuts up after 30 seconds upon first trigger unless the system is triggered again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice..

Thanks for your advice, both, I appreciate it. I think it's possible that the alarm did go off for a bit, and in combination with the hazard lights this ran down the battery, which is getting low - it's probably due a new one tbh. I better get onto it to avoid a repeat of last night!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts