Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the warranty expires the end of next month i was offered a free vehicle health check on my 17 plate 308 bluehdi 120 s/s,as 1st MOT is due on the 31st of march, there finding's were it need's 2 front tyre's, of which i was well aware of, they sent me a video via email of there other finding's, the plastic cover on the underside of the near side rear suspension was damaged due to me pulling out of a pothole, that i can accept, the other which,i'm not sure whether it should have been seen & replaced on there new (vehicle preparation check list) maybe i maybe over the top, but i feel it has to be put right, they noticed the near side front wheel arch liner was split & there were hole's drilled & it was cable tied together, for the wheel arch liner & the cover on the rear suspension strut it will cost me £97.51 plus £75 labour,do you think i should be liable to pay for the wheel arch liner or should they have seen it & replaced it prior to me purchasing the car.

·
Registered
462 Posts
These free health checks I have had are only visual and my Peugeot dealer does them every time my car is in.
I would suggest the two tyres if illegal replaced and you put car in in for Mot on the 1 st March. If fails you can get that done under warranty if covered.
If the split wheel arch fail MOT then I would suggest that a warranty claim.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If your warranty expires next month, how is your adblue pump situation ?has it been replaced ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not that i'm aware of, seem's to be ok, the adblue tank was refilled on a service i had just after i got the car,all seem's ok.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Split wheel arch liner is almost certainly due to accidental damage, no way would it be covered by warranty. But equally it won't fail the MOT either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts