Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

After being told that my front discs are likely to need to be replaced next year for a fitted cost of £1,750 I thought I would try and find alternatives in readiness... Its been a challenge, Alcon won't discuss the brakes as they have an exclusive deal with Peugeot and I don't think the car is common enough for many after-market suppliers to make them. But i have found two so far:

Tarox - £1,018.80 (inc VAT) for a pair

MTEC Brakes - £750 (inc VAT) for a pair

Both are two piece discs, MTEC said they would also sell just the rotors for £500.

It would be good to hear if anyone has tried either of these alternatives, or if you are aware of any others.

Front TAROX Brake Discs - Peugeot 308 GTI - Bespoke - TAROX Online Store

https://www.mtecbrakes.com/ - Discs are not listed, but seller has confirmed they can make them and the price.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Try contacting Tee @ Comkotes.

https://www.comkotes-tuning.co.uk/contact-us/

he maybe able to help out.

Or phone EBC or Brembo and see if they can help too.

below is the part numbers of the originals if you can source them cheaper.

9812403980 - VENTILATED BRAKE DISC LEFT DIAM 380 EP 32

9812404080 - VENTILATED BRAKE DISC RIGHT DIAM 380 EP 32

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi i've just acquired a 270hp (200kw) gti, appreciate this post is a bit old, my discs are ok now but will need replacing within next year, but i can find a brembo front disc for this specific model from my reg plate or general search at what we'd consider a normal price?

Brembo Part code 09.C133.11

It isnt a 380mm dia. though its at 304mm.

Im not technically minded, what am I missing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What your missing is you dont have the alcon brakes if they are 304 they are normal 1 piece discs
I was under the impression that all 308 gti's at the higher 270hp / 200kw power came with the Alcons. Maybe thats my error hence why the Brembo fronts for that model variant was puzzling me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeh i know they are 380, thats my point really, i thought ALL 270hp variants were 380 dia. out the factory, and if they all were, then how come brembo offer 270hp variants at a lower diameter!

Interestingly if i goto Peugeot website new discs and pads for my plate are just £199 fitted....try it yourself!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
That does not sound right I had a 505 v6 many years ago it had special discs fitted to v6 models only the were not even 300mm and were 400 each and that was 20 years ago !

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
What's the VIN of the car in question?

I could fire up Service Box & see what diameter brakes it rolled out the factory with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts