Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm new here! I've just bought a 308 gti 270 and after one week I've discovered a problem and just wondering if its a common issue on these. In the morning and evening when I start the car, it idles high and misfires, pops, spits, growls etc. Very loud for about 1 min then settles to normal idle. It also shows the emissions light for a few seconds after starting.
My first thought is spark plugs, not sure they've ever been changed, it's on 20k so worth doing anyway. My other thought was something to do with the exhaust as it's had the middle silencer removed, could this cause sensor issues?
I've been hunting for the correct plugs but drawn a blank, any tips where to buy?
Other than that, the car is brilliant!
Many thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

The loud exhaust on startup is perfectly normal, as long as it is not misfiring, there's a recent thread about a couple of weeks ago if you scroll down. Sorry, using my phone otherwise I'd include a link.

For the plugs, again there is a very recent thread in the French bred forum section on piston heads which will give you an idea where to buy them.

I can't answer about the warning light, but that doesn't sound right and worth getting checked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bob

Thanks for the info, it's definitely a misfire but no error codes stored on my obd reader...
Apparently only place to get the correct plugs is Peugeot, bit of a pain as quite pricey.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Alright mate you can get the plugs from comkotes-tuning.co.uk .
Set of four for £45.99.
Rest assure these are the one's Peugeot used during my 1st service.

·
Registered
901 Posts
You mention the 'middle silencer has been removed' and I wonder why?...are you sure it's not the catalytic convertor that's been removed...or previously stolen?

Catalytic convertors are very expensive items and if it was stolen then the person selling would (maybe) have bridged the gap with a short length of pipe.

That my well cause you problems....and an MOT failure....

Just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts