Peugeot Forums banner

308 GTi facelift

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  burty 
#1 ·
#2 ·
As an owner of the current version - have to say I'm pleased that they have kept the changes to a minimum, leaving the facelift mechanically the same. It's a great car and hopefully the revised media system will be a bit better.

The GTi received a few mixed reviews in the UK when it was first released, but the latest reviews are recognising just how good it is....

VW Golf GTI vs Peugeot 308 GTI vs Mini JCW triple test review (2017) by CAR Magazine

Peugeot 308 GTi review - price, specs and 0-60 time | Evo

The best cheap fast cars 2017: The Parkers Group Test | Parkers

#4 ·
Probably not... I don't think I've read a positive comment about the fake engine noise yet. Quite a few cars have it now. I think it is alright, its actually quite subtle, if you have the stereo at a volume so you can hear it above the tyre roar you'll hardly notice it!

The dynamic mode makes the car feel a little more intense, with the noise, heavier steering and sharper throttle. When conditions are right it does exactly as intended and makes the car fell more dynamic. I also like the power, torque and boost read outs, but generally flick it onto the normal speed readout, other wise I have found myself trying to max out the 270 HP - great idea until you see the speedo :lol:

The option of the g force reading sounds great in practice, but in reality if you are driving so it will show any meaningful readouts, then your eyes should really be on the road, and without an option to save the information it is a bit useless:mad:

I also don't get turning the speedo and rev counter red - At a time where you should be focused 100% why make the dials harder to read?

#5 ·
I agree entirely Burgerbob. I find the car far more pleasant to drive in Sport Dynamic mode, even crawling in traffic. I don't dislike the sound either.

Reading the review again I am convinced that the writer had not driven the car. I have a theory that most of the reviews that you read on line the writer has not driven the car in question. Many are just a regurgitation of press material and comments and opinion from other reviews. Also, once one reviewer has identified a characteristic that they don't like all other reviewers have to identify the same problem. Classic examples of this are comments on the sound of sport dynamic mode and the small steering wheel, particularly on the 2008.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.