Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a 2016 308gti which I love. Just recently bought it second hand with 44,000kms on the clock.

Recently when I've started it the exhaust has sounded much louder than usual. There is a real deep and loud rumble coming from back there. Almost sounds good but doesn't sound right. It goes away after a minute or two, after a few solid revs or after a bit of driving.

Is this a common issue? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, Im in Canberra and have a 2016 270 and it does the same thing occasionally. It pops and grumbles at the rear exhaust area as I back it out of my garage but when if I sit there for say 30 seconds to 1 minute putting sunglasses on etc, the revs drop and the noise exhaust noise goes and back to normal.
Strangely my old 206 GTi 180 had the same noisy start up now and then and then it went away when it started to warm up also.

·
Registered
my18 308 gti 270
60 Posts
Normal mate, its cold start, mine does that too. Burns of moisture I believe. Just let it do it's thing in the morning.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It’s a trait of the car.

When the engine is cold and the outside air temp is warm (approx 17-18 deg C or higher) then the engine cold start thing happens.

if you don’t like it or the neighbours complain, you can turn the car off and on again and the car starts normally.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Warm temperature, cold start cycle for the car. IIRC, I think it occurs when the ambient temp is >= 15°C but the catalytic converter is colder than that. So, the start up process entails pre-heating the cat.

There’s a TSB on this for those interested: the reference is B1HW01JYQ0 — Information: Fast Idle - Loud Engine Noise

(Another Canberra owner — seems to be fairly common in our climate, from mid-Oct to mid-April)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.