Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking at getting a chip for my 2017 gti- has anyone had any experience of chipping? How easy is it to do and is HP and torque increase genuine?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're talking about plug n play style chips I think they're a little exaggerated. TDI Tuning quotes a gain of around 60bhp and RaceChip a 91nm gain. I had a quote from Comkotes to take it over 300 bhp it could cost £10k!

I've had my GTi 270 remapped/tuned (whatever it is) and got an extra 25bhp and 50nm (approximate figures). You can feel the difference and it was worth it. When I was trying to find a tuner, they all gave me these figures or even less.

Probably not helped you there haha!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree with @GTi Owl

Not criticising any of the companies mentioned, but it can be all too easy (and dangerous) to simply add boost using a box. Whereas an experienced tuner can give a more balanced and safe tune that avoid running lean and detonation. Bear in mind the GTi 270 is already running pretty high boost levels, too

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Really needs a professional remap on a rolling road.

The GTI 270 is already highly tuned from the factory & a non professional generic chip / box is likely to end up in short time gain & then wallet emptying pain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Didn't end up getting it chipped but Thanks for advice (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts