Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Donald, I remember you had a k&n filter but any other modifications? What speed and distances you doing for that result? I do 100 mile round trip mainly motorways and I can achieve 55mpg doing 70mph. Im more than happy with power to fuel consumption, cracking car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Donald, I remember you had a k&n filter but any other modifications? What speed and distances you doing for that result? I do 100 mile round trip mainly motorways and I can achieve 55mpg doing 70mph. Im more than happy with power to fuel consumption, cracking car.
Hi yes I fitted a K&N Air Filter which I swear by I was doing 60-70 mph when allowed not cruise control round trip of 331 miles I put diesel additive in which seems to work engine sounds quiet I love this car tarted it up by fitting Shark Fin Antenna easy to do and looks the part and it works DAB etc latest software and Map update no other mods fitted.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Donald, will have to try an additive and I like the idea of the shark fin conversion.
worth fitting
K&N Air Filter you will notice mpg increase also maybe power improvement not that it needs it the Shark Fin looks great diesel additive I bought from Amazon cheaper than Halfords.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any links to the shark fin?

I'm averaging over 6500 miles about 45 mpg. I mainly do short runs daily though, and that can involve 2 long straights with a few twisty bits so once or twice a week will get a bit of a workout on those roads. I was initially really disappointed with the MPG but it's slowly getting better as the engine gets more run in & loose.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any links to the shark fin?

I'm averaging over 6500 miles about 45 mpg. I mainly do short runs daily though, and that can involve 2 long straights with a few twisty bits so once or twice a week will get a bit of a workout on those roads. I was initially really disappointed with the MPG but it's slowly getting better as the engine gets more run in & loose.

Hi regarding shark fin bought on Amazon also I would fit a K&N Air Filter to increase mpg works fine in my 308sw GT 180BHP

·
Registered
812 Posts
K&N will increase MPG but in my experience, not permanently. It will slowly decrease to that of a paper filter and then eventually dip under. You need to clean it out and you can never clean it out well enough to remove all the dirt in the filtration media.

Also, comparing MPG, car vs car doesn't mean much. One person might be doing mainly free motorway while another has to slow down / speed up due to traffic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts