Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Have a 2016 GT Line which i bought the beginning of the year. A couple of weeks went out and it would not turn over. The media unit eventually booted up and i could see that the clock had reset so not enough power to turn it over. Could feel the battery struggle the more i tried. Put that down to the pandemic and it only getting the occasional short 2 mile run. Had a 12v smart charger anyway so attached that for 3 hours, tried the car and first kick it started. Have made sure since then its been long runs...30 odd miles that i have taken it for. However today, started first kick and drove 20 miles. Switched it off and it wouldn't kick. Waited till the head unit booted up and saw the clock had reset to midnight again and was flashing like a total loss of power. Turned off the screen and tried and luckily the second kick it started and i got the car home. Stuck the ODB on the car tonight and see what voltage its reporting. Only 11.5 on the ignition and then 14v while running. I would say that's new battery time!

Is there a guide on how to remove the old one since its well buried in the engine bay and also any gotcha's for switching the batteries over. Have done this before on a Stop\Start battery on an astra no bother. I have read some stuff on here about a 3 min rule?? and BSI??

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Just do a search for battery in this forum section, it's been covered so many times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts