Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered my new company car sadly it won't be a Peugeot, I did want a 508 225 GT (or even 180GT Line) but a BMW is actually cheaper than a Peugeot!! :rolleyes:

So I am back off to a BMW 330e MSport

Portimao Blue - wanted Orange though
Cognac leather
M Sport Plus pack
Technology pack
Driving Assistant Pro pack
Lumbar support
Extended Storage

And its still cheaper than a 508GT....

My car will end up at an auction house (usually Mannheim). My personal plate will be removed in next few months so I will publish new reg here for anyone looking to pick up the car 2nd hand. It will be tarted up by lease company and my employer to avoid charges at auction - alloy wheels etc..

Its got 71k on the odometer at the moment. But will end up with a few more as my new car is due in December. Its been useful getting tips and helping others on here. This was my 2nd Peugeot ownership experience - First was 2000 308 2.0 Cabriolet some years ago.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Friend of mine had a test drive in a new 3008, high spec model. He hated the lane assist which faught him if he tried to change lanes without indicating. He now has a BMW. They couldn't fit such a system could they?

·
Registered
888 Posts
The other day I read that BMW plans to cancel further installing mechanism to open just rear window instead of 5th door on touring models. Reason: almost no one of their customers know for that. Same logic maybe will led to stopping installing indicators.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the BMW indicator thing is very true in the UK, but its UK drivers that need training on lane discipline. Much better in Germany..

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Oh, the Peugeot lane assist is quite logical when the design comes from France. La Code de la Route specifies that it is obligatory to indicate before changing lanes on any road. Quite a hefty fine if you get caught. It's also written in there that when an accident occurs when a driver is changing lanes it is assumed that driver caused the accident.

Lane discipline in the UK is appalling. But that doesn't explain why the drivers of certain cars are worse.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quick update - Car has now gone.
Its going to be sold by British car auctions. Went with just under 75k on the clock. Registration is VX15EKU.

I discovered my last two company car's has been exported out of the UK...so I wonder what the fate of this one will be.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts