Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've just bought a brand new 308 SW 16 blue HDI active 6 speed manual for my job got the keys on the 2nd of this month. I love the car's comfort and practicality. I've put 1200 miles on it in the last 10 days and the engine is loosening up nicely but there is a but. The gear shift from 1st to 2nd is awful, notchy and prone to crash and no 2 changes are alike. Down shifting from a higher gear to 2nd is a breeze tho suggesting the syncromesh is fine (for now). Is it me I wonder? I've been driving for over 40 years and never had this problem before. I mentioned it to the dealer and they just shrugged, very Gallic eh.

Hmmmmm etc

Todd

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
My Allure 6 speed is the smoothest I have ever encountered.

However you might get more response if you put this in the New 308 section. The gear change has been mentioned there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My 308 sw is same as yours, really difficult to change, usually double clutch it if I have time and remember.
I was warned that they were bad before buying but did not think it could be as bad as it is.:(
Although mine is a 14 plate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good car spoiled by lazy design I guess. Who remembers the old Ford 3 rail box as fitted to 1600Es and the like back in day? shifted gears like a knife thru butter
Ah well

I've mentioned the issue to the dealer and the car is to be booked in for checking in ASAP

It's still a good motor tho

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I've had my2012 HDi Active a month now. When you talk about the gear change are you saying there is a small delay in power between 1st and 2nd?
I noticed the same with mine but after having a new ECU fitted (software would not upgrade and there was a fault on the car) it's been running fine although I'm unsure if my turbo is actually kicking in now ?.
You may just need the software upgrade I've had. The car is certainly running more smoothly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts