Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have the anti pollution message popped up on my wifes 308. Its a 2010 1.6 petrol.
I service the car each year. It does 4500 per year.

The only thing I have not changed is the fuel filter and this is because I can't find it.

They list the part on eurocarparts but I can't find where it is on the car.

Any pointers?

Its has new spark plugs and a coil pack on cyl 2 last year as that had failed.

There are no other fault codes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
This has been done over and over :)

UK cars DO NOT have a petrol filter last i seen one was a 306 !!

Euro car parts list it as it IS fitted to some models in some countries NOT UK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be why I can't find it then!

I even went through the handbook and couldn't find it!

But as your message says check twice!

Any other suggestions as to the anti pollution notice?

All the threads I have come across seem to involve the diesel rather than the petrol.

Also it only seems to come on once it gets to the red on the gauge.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Not another hunt the fuel filter thread.
Peugeot stopped fitting fuel filters on petrol models for the UK and most of Europe about 15 years ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Afraid so, those without the knowledge do need to ask.

People who already know wouldn't need to ask the question would they?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
When you say no other fault codes, did you scan it with Diagbox/PP2000 or some generic code reader? Generic code readers seldom get it right with peugeots.

Antipollution message covers a very wide range of possible items, even on petrol engines. You need to scan it with Diagbox and get live readings with it running, that will normally point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you say no other fault codes, did you scan it with Diagbox/PP2000 or some generic code reader? Generic code readers seldom get it right with peugeots.

Antipollution message covers a very wide range of possible items, even on petrol engines. You need to scan it with Diagbox and get live readings with it running, that will normally point you in the right direction.
Hi, I used a generic reader and then a bluetooth elm327 version with a few different apps.

I have seen the members that have the diagnostic kits in the local area. I may get in touch with one of them.

It does only seem to be once the fuel gauge hits the red.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Could be something as stupid as the fuel tank vapour recycling system getting iffy when the level is low in the tank, or maybe you have something floating in your fuel tank that is being sucked into the injection system when the fuel gets low and this affects the exhaust gas composition and freaks out the gas sensors in the exhaust...?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Using the term Diagbox came up with a peugeot software app.

I have scanned with that and it has come up with P0011 inlet camshaft rephrasing fault.

Im sure i had this before and changed the sensor on both the inlet and outlet. R/H side as you look in from the front?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Apart from removing the fuel tank, draining and cleaning it?..... not really ;)

Maybe keep the fuel level above the red..? but that is kinda like turning the stereo up to mask strange noises.......

You really are batting in the dark if you dont get live readings, maybe with it behaving properly and then with it misbehaving if the initial scan does not point to anything. Really needs scanning when it is being iffy.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Well, swap the sensors over and see if it changes the fault to the exhaust side.

But scanning with a generic scanner could be making you chase your tail. I learned the hard way some long time back...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, swap the sensors over and see if it changes the fault to the exhaust side.

But scanning with a generic scanner could be making you chase your tail. I learned the hard way some long time back...:rolleyes:
Ill swap them over in the morning and give it a blast!

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
My cure would be just not to let the tank go low for a few weeks if that stops it then carry on with that method its not good to run very low anyway it may be air is being drawn in when tank is low affecting the mixture a little and the ecu is having trouble compensating and then throws up a warning display as thats all antipollution is a warning that SOMETHING is wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is exactly what I would do but it is the wifes car and she insists on putting in £10-15 a time.

My own car goes from full tank to just above the red and then back to full.

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts